Sunday 17 March 2013

How I destroyed a Marriage

How I Destroyed a Marriage

There is a lesson in here, I promise.

One day at work a lady came in. She looked good. She was gorgeous, the hair was right, she had brilliant skin, the shoes were to die for. She was good looking woman in her mid thirties. She complained that she noticed some unusual discharge and pain during urination. She had tried to treat a fungal infection with clotrimazole.‘I really need something that would get rid of the discomfort, I am not sure if you understand’.‘I do, madam’. As we talked, a handsome man walked in, I know little about suits but his looked impeccable. He was the kind of man anyone would find attractive. Maybe I was lost staring at him because the next thing out of my mouth was a bomb. She said to me, ‘This is my husband’. It was then it came out, ‘Madam, he needs to take the same medication as well so you do not get reinfected’. A light came to her eyes. She screeched, ‘I knew it! I knew it! I knew it was you, I am so &%%king pissed’. She stormed out. I was literarily frozen, so was he.She came back into the building, pointing fingers at him, ‘I tried to give you the benefit of doubt’. I found my voice then, I tried to calm her telling her it could be just a toilet infection. She said to me, ‘Sweety, I know when it is just a toilet infection. He went alone on a trip last week and these symptoms only started after he returned’. The look on his face was priceless.
I hurriedly sold the medication to them. I cursed myself for being so tactless in handling the situation. I realized that spreading an infection to a loved one is the easiest way to confirm infidelity. The tips highlighted below will not only help in preventing you from passing on infections but protect you from being infected as well.

How to prevent spreading infections to loved ones.

1. Know your health status for example your HIV status
2. Know your partners’ health status.
3. Know your partners’ sexual history and health status.
4. Use a condom
5. Get immunized ; vaccinations are available that will help prevent Hepatitis B and Human Papilloma Virus.
6. Avoid risky sexual practices especially when unsure of your partners’ health status. Example anal sex and sexual positions that may cause the condom to break.
7. Exercise caution with animals.
8. Do not share personal items like toothbrushes, towels, razors.
9. Do not abuse alcohol or recreational drugs: losing full mental control can lead to dangerous situations or poor decision making.
10. Proper hygiene.

No comments: