Friday 8 March 2013

Light Skin Craze

I had an encounter with a woman recently. She came up to me saying she wants to look good, she wants to glow. She wants her skin to be really fine. I knew what she wanted but was not saying, she wanted to be lighter. Seeing as i am dark skinned well to be honest i have a bronze-like complexion.

She brought two Q** products to me and asked me to pick one. I had not ventured in to this "skin glowing" business then so i picked the product that contained carrot. I heard from a number of people who have used carrot products about how good it is for the skin and how it helps with burns. However my skin has the opposite reaction to carrot. It makes me darker.

Three weeks later, it was the grace of God that saved me. The woman stormed into the pharmacy screaming, "Where is She?" . The people around tried to calm her. She continued,"I told her i wanted my skin to look good, to be fair now she has made me dark!"

When did being dark become a bad thing?



Anyway I have done my research and experimented on myself. If you can not be lighter skinned or do not aim for that, would it not be nice to have your skin at its best?



Here are simple tips for better skin.



#1. Hydrate



Drink a lot of water. Experts have suggested at least 7 glasses a day.

Water helps the body get rid of toxins. I have discovered that a glass of water first thing in the morning is beneficial as it helps bowel motility.



#2. Do what your mother always told you to do.



Quit Smoking. Do not overdo the alcohol and caffeine. Get enough sleep.



#3. Antioxidants



Eat more fruits and vegetables, they contain antioxidants and are good for the skin.



#4. Eat more Fish



Fish oils are very good.



#5. Most of us do not eat enough fruits and vegetables.



I advise daily supplements they should however not replace a proper diet.

Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Cod liver capsules are good choices.



#6. Sunscreen



Most people have the wrong impression about sunscreen. Not only caucasians need sunscreen. Your melanin rich skin also has to be protected from the harsh rays of the sun. Buy a sunscreen that has at least SPF 15.



#7. Moisturize



Fancy, expensive moisturizers are not necesarily more effective. Look for a name you trust and a price point you are comfortable with for every day use.

1 comment:

Ngozii said...

lovely tips, am def goin to try these!!! by the way i love ur blog ;)